No icon

All You Want To Know About Gold Mining

Do you know where the gold really extracted from; I think it's not the correct question because half of the world’s population can tell the answer to the question. Generally, Gold mining is the place where we can extract gold by mining. Actually no one can particularly mention the exact date from which the exact gold mining is started because in countries like India and Africa people love to wear for many years. The people India considers the gold as the decorative item. Indonesia is considered as the home for the world’s biggest gold mine and South Africa is a house for the majority of the deepest mines in the world. In this article, we thought to bring the top gold mines in the world based on the gold reserves.

 

Check out some of the Gold mines around the world:

  1. Grasberg: Grasberg gold mine is considered as the largest gold mine around the world and it is located in the Papua province of Indonesia. The estimated gold reserve in this location is about 70.968 million ounces (Moz) until 2012. This Grasberg mine contains two underground mines, namely DOZ and Big Gossan. This mine is operated by the Freeport Indonesia (PTFI) with 90.64% and the rest 9.36% by the government of Indonesia.
  2. South Deep: It is considered as the second-largest gold mine in the world. It is located 45km 45km southwest of Johannesburg in the Witwatersrand Basin, South Africa. Stats as of 2012 conclude that this mine contains 39.1Moz. South deep is also considered as the seventh deepest mine in the world with a depth of 2,995m below the surface. Mining operations in this mine is started in 1961.
  3. Lihir: This mine considered the third largest mine in the world. This mine is located 900km northeast of Port Moresby in the new Ireland province of Papua New Guinea(PNG). This mine produces 649,340oz of the gold in the ending June 2013.
  4. Olimpiada: This mine is the fourth largest gold mine in the world. It is located in the Krasnoyarsk region of Eastern Siberia, Russia. The estimated gold reserve in this mine is 30.01Moz. Polyus Gold is operating and maintaining this mine. The first production from this mine is taken in the year 1996.
  5. Pueblo Viejo: Pueblo Viejo mine is the fifth largest gold reserve mine in the world. This mine is located around 100km north-west of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. It has the gold reserve up to 25Moz till 2012. The life of this gold mine estimated to be more than 25 years.

These are some of the largest reserves of Gold around the world that produce the highest quantity of gold.

 

Comment As:

Comment (0)